I have written about Adelaide River in my last blog but wanted to put some photos in of the war cemetary mango tree and some of the little pub next to the caravan park. The buffalo was used in the Crocodile Dundee movie. We had 2 meals here, the Barra was to die for, it was so fresh and cooked beautifully. You could eat as much as you wanted for $17.95 which considering how much of the Barra Dave ate was a bargain.
Mum wow! Your stories & pics are wonderful. We loved reading about Miriam and your bush tucker lunch. What an adventure. I imagine you and dad feel very lucky and priviledged to have that experience. I think it's amazing. Good on you both for going with the moment (and for getting into the geese plucking!) What beautiful memories of a very special place and very special people. Love Trude & Bob
ReplyDeleteI am totally blown away with your last entry. What a great experience and one which most others would have missed. If you simply had not bothered to talk and engage with the local people, you would have simply missed out on the wonderful opportunity. I really enjoyed reading the background of Miriam; what a wonderful person.
ReplyDeleteI have been wondering how you have been coping with the heat up there but you both look well in the photos'.
See you soon.
Love Lee & Dave